Office Relocation Tips In Dubai
1. Have the first of three elimination days to reduce files and cupboard contents.
2. Schedule a pick up for archive storage boxes.
3. Review all vendor schedules at both buildings and resolve delivery conflicts.
4. Contact insurance companies and schedule in a transfer of coverage.
5. Contact service providers, clients and other vendors about the change of address.
6. Check with building management of potential issues with lifts and security. Get after-hour contacts and find out response times in case of problems. Look into having a lift engineer onsite during move hours.
7. Schedule cleaning for new and old office space for after the move.
8. Plan on whom and how your company will deal with post move issues regarding data, computers, phone, furniture, and moving. Set up a temporary help desk to cover these issues.
9. Identify any employees who may require extra help when moving their work files.
10. Review and re-communicate to employee packing and labeling requirements.
11. Label all furniture packed crates and IT equipment.
12. Make sure all sensitive data has been backed up.
13. Prepare all computers, copiers, and other electronic equipment for moving.
14. Make sure everything has been properly labeled
15. Near the end of the move do a final walk through with move supervisor to make sure everything has been taken. In the new building do a walk through to make sure everything was placed where you planned.